About the Grand Traverse-Leelanau-Antrim Bar Association
Who we are
The GTLA Bar Association is a non-profit organization comprised of over 260 lawyers based in northwestern lower Michigan.
Our mission is to maintain the highest professional standards and competence among attorneys, to promote collegiality and camaraderie among attorneys, to improve the administration of justice, and to provide law-related service and education to our members and the public.
What we do
The Grand Traverse-Leelanau-Antrim Bar Association takes part in a number of activities that support its mission. These activities include:
- Volunteering at local legal aid clinics
- Offering continuing legal education programs to our members and other interested parties
- Providing funding for the Grand Traverse County Law Library and its staffing
- Underwriting the Traverse Attorney Referral Service program costs
- Hosting social events for members of the local legal community
- Donating to law-related organizations through our charitable giving foundation